Monday, September 24, 2007

Sayonara Summer, Take Two!

I had dinner at KFC along Mizonokuchi highway tonight. The ten-minute walk to and from the place was already a bit chilling. My aircon has suddenly become useless because the air in the corridor is almost as cold as the 24 degrees I set in my room. It seems that summer has gone all of a sudden a lo here's autumn! I'm actually more happy than sad that summer is over; to be walking a total of an hour to and from the station is not the nicest thing in the world when it's so hot and humid at the same time. If there's one thing I'll miss during the hotter seasons here, it will probably be playing tennis. However, I'm also looking forward to wearing at work the suits that almost made me broke before going to Japan as the 'coolbiz' (read: dress down to polo/long-sleevs season) season is now over. I'd probably look nicer but the dry clean charges here are pretty high so I'm pretty torn between budget and vanity now. Moreover, I have to buy a new pair of nice leather shoes because the one I have now couldn't seem to stand against the torture of walking an hour a day...the cut of my pants also seems to look better when my shoes are a bit slimmer-looking and shiny!;)

I let the pictures speak as I bade 'Philippine summer' goodbye last time. I'm doing the same thing here. It's already been two months since I arrived here and I can say that it has been so much fun so far because all of these parties.


Celebrated Khen's 27th birthday with my former colleagues in Astra. We dined in a traditional Japanese diner and had met up with more people in Khen's apartment.

(Taken by Alvin) My first taste of night life in Japan with Astralites in Club Pure, Shibuya. I was cheated 2000 yen because ladies were charged 1500 but men were charged 3500. It was drink all you can so I had to try all of their liquor mixes. Of the 13, I tried 10 because I was too busy impressing the ladies, especially the Japs and lots of caucasians with my dance moves. Five people hit on me that night: one Australian, one British and three Japanese. Too bad they were men.:(( I also experienced my very first 'first train' ride via the Tokyu Toyoko line. I never realized that Shibuya is just a mere 190 yen from my place. I should go here more often. Being in Shibuya though is pretty dangerous to my budget as there are lots of stores for shoes. For example, I bought a Nike Zoom trainer shoes on impulse while strolling along some duty free shops. Visa and Shibuya don't go so well for my budget.

After a five hour rest, I had to go straight to Yotsuka in Yokohama as one of our managers in Weserv, Ms Nila, hosted a party at her house. Her mongo (this one I personally requested), beef caldereta, chicken wings and spaghetti is the best! Doumo arigatou mam! And as if I haven't had enough alcohol, we had sake and jinro (it's some brand of a Korean alcohol). I could only take a glass of each though, drinking them pure isn't to my taste. After arriving at the dorm at 11 pm, I washed away all hard liquors I drank that day and the night before with 2 cans of Kirin original brew!

Notice the contrast between my former and present company.I was one of the seniors back then and now I'm one of the youngest. It's pretty weird how 'young' I am treated in my current company when basically I have already been through, or even more, what seniors do in the past. I just realized that it's already September and I just turned five years in this industry.

No comments: